Search The Web

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Journal Entry 5

3 things I learned)
"writing exists in a nest of talk." 
"The teaching of excellence in writing means adding language to what already exists, not subtracting."
"Writers need to be able to think about the physical design of txt."


The last statement really shook me. I guess it makes sense, but I never thought of it as being a priority for writers. 


2 things I found interesting)
"Writing instruction must accommodate the explosion in technology from the world around us." 
One of the features of writing that is most evident and yet most difficult to discuss is the degree to which it has “voice."
 1 question I have)
I know this article supports the advances of technology, but is it possible that technology may make writing obsolete? 




Here is a link to the article I read.


1 comment:

  1. Writing is becoming more visual with emoticons, abbreviations, and the ease with which images can be used to communicate meeting. Alphabetic print text might become obsolete but not writing...broadly defined.

    ReplyDelete