Search The Web

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Where I am From

I am from the majestic hills, from homemade pepperoni rolls and homegrown tomatoes.
I am from the blue shuddered trailer, the walls that know everything, screaming or yelling or having fun.
I am from fully-planned holiday get gathers and strong will & stubbornness, from Sonya Yeager, Jim and Maggie Hoskinson and Robert (Pap) and Barbara Tennant.
I am from the dropping and helping out others and family suppers at the table.
From “I am proud of you” and “We love you”.
I am from the Plum Run Baptists.  From the dancing and singing to tears and deep connections. 
I'm from FGH and Tennants/Yeagers,  dille beans and homemade chicken noodles.
From the grandpa who knocks out a bull to protect his grandchild, and the mom who worked two jobs to provide a roof over my head.
I am from Plum Run and Davy’s Run.  From a hard working family and from a well-rounded work environment. 
I am from the place that feels like home, from family and friends that one wouldn’t change.


I am from West Virginia

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to hear the story about a grandpa knocking out a bull! Great job on your poem! Looking forward to seeing the movie!

    ReplyDelete